maintain its Premier League title challenge thanks to two

Dogcat250
Dogcat250
С нами: 10 месяцев 28 дней

Сообщение #1 Dogcat250 » 09.08.2019, 02:45

LIVERPOOL, England -- Liverpool beat Swansea 4-3 on Sunday to maintain its Premier League title challenge thanks to two goals each from Daniel Sturridge and Jordan Henderson. The goals took Liverpools tally in the Premier League this season to 70, overtaking Manchester City as the top scorers, and left the fourth-place team just four points behind league leader Chelsea. However, manager Brendan Rodgers refused to be drawn on Liverpools title hopes. "I think for us, were concentrating on our performance," Rodgers said. "Were just concentrating on winning games. No one is really talking about us for the title anyway. Everything now is about Chelsea, Manchester City and Arsenal." Sturridges first came in the third minute when he received a through ball from Raheem Sterling before rounding Swansea goalkeeper Michel Vorm and firing into an open goal. The striker then provided the assist for Henderson to double Liverpools lead in the 20th from the edge of the area. Jonjo Shelvey pulled one back for Swansea against his former club three minutes later with a long-range strike that went in off the crossbar. He held his arm up in apology to his former club, a gesture that received applause from the Liverpool fans. But the home supporters were shocked into silence soon after when Wilfried Bony equalized in the 27th minute, with his header from Jonathan De Guzmans free kick taking a slight deflection off Martin Skrtel. Sturridge gave Liverpool a 3-2 lead at halftime when he headed in from close range after a Luis Suarez cross had found him unmarked. Swansea levelled soon after the interval though when Bony scored a penalty after being fouled by Skrtel. Suarez went close to restoring Liverpools lead but Vorm saved well when one-on-one with the striker before De Guzman nearly gave Swansea the lead when he shot just wide from a free kick. Henderson struck the winner after receiving a pass from Suarez. His initial shot was parried by Vorm but the England forward reacted quickest to poke the ball in from close range. Despite the victory, Rodgers is hoping to see an improved defensive display against Southampton next weekend. "At 2-0, we should manage the game better," Rodgers said. "We are obviously very disappointed with the goals we conceded." Swansea manager Garry Monk tried to take the positives out of the defeat. "I cant complain about the effort from my players," Monk said. "Going forward, I think its a confidence boost to them that they can come to somewhere like this - where a lot of people thought they would wipe the floor with us, the way theyve been dismantling teams here - and we were in the game right up until the final whistle." Balenciaga Shoes Outlet Uk . The matchup will be made up in Minnesota at a later date. The arena was evacuated about 45 minutes before the scheduled 9:30 p.m. EST tipoff when a generator malfunction outside the arena sent smoke pouring into the building, according to NBA spokeswoman Sharon Lima. Balenciaga Outlet Online Uk . Adam LaRoche will take that. "I like our position in the standings and I like how our team is playing," LaRoche said after Washington swept a day-night doubleheader from the Cubs on Saturday. http://www.balenciagaoutletuk.com/ .J. -- The New York Jets have promoted Tony Sparano Jr. Balenciaga Uk Website . The Suns termed Fridays surgery by team doctor Thomas Carter a success. No timetable was given for Bledsoes return but the team said in a news release that he "will pursue a possible return to action during the second half" of the season. Balenciaga Sneakers Wholesale . Anything less than gold for either nation is considered a disappointment. Yet for Switzerland, advancing to the semifinal might be a victory in itself. MARANA, Ariz. -- Ernie Els hardly ever catches a break at the Match Play Championship. When the first edition was held in 1999 at La Costa, he was trailing Paul Azinger going to the 18th hole when his tee shot caught the worst of lies in the rough. And it didnt get much better after that. He lost in the second round a year later to Bob Estes by missing a 4-foot putt on the last hole. He once blew a 3-up lead against Tom Lehman and missed a 4-foot putt on the 19th hole. And even the Big Easy could only laugh the year Phil Tataurangi buried a 25-foot putt on the bumpy greens of La Costa to force extra holes and beat him in 20. Just last year, Els lost on the last hole at Dove Mountain by missing from 5 feet to Freddie Jacobson. So perhaps this year is a small measure of justice. Counting the conceded putts, Els had a 75 on Wednesday and a 73 on Thursday. And somehow, the 44-year-old South African is still in the tournament. The latest win was a big one. Els was 1 down with two holes to play against U.S. Open champion Justin Rose and beat him in 20 holes. "I dont know if I can say I enjoy it," Els said. "But its a different experience every time. Its a battle. Sometimes youre up for it. I found myself at times not being quite up for it. ... Its a matter of who is going to gut it out. And thats, I guess, the nature of match play, is how much you want it. "But in this tournament, I havent donne that well.ddddddddddddHopefully, I can go further now." Rose made a bogey on the 17th hole to square their match. Then Els faced a tricky 6-foot par putt to extend the match on the 18th. "I just guessed right," Els said. "For once, I made it. Ive missed it many other times." On the first extra hole, No. 1, he stood on the crest of the hill and watched Rose hit his approach to 10 feet. Els hit his shot in nearly the exact location, and then poured it into the cup for birdie. Rose made his birdie putt, too. But it looked as though the ghosts of Match Play returned to play tricks with Els mind. With Rose in the bunker left of the green on the par-5 second hole, Els smashed a 5-iron right into the sun. He couldnt see where it was going, but thought it was good. It wasnt. The ball curled around the edge of the bunker and stayed on the slope of the brown collar. "An impossible shot," Els said. He thought about lofting a chip onto the green and let it ride a ridge behind the cup back toward the hole for a reasonable look at birdie. He caught it slightly thin. The ball went into the bank of the green and trickled down to 4 feet, a tremendous outcome. Rose left his shot in the bunker, and Els made the birdie putt to advance. "It was one of those once-in-a-lifetime shots, really," Els said. He was due for one of those. Next up for Els is another major champion, Jason Dufner. ' ' '

Название раздела: Общая информация

Быстрый ответ

Введите код в точности так, как вы его видите. Регистр символов не имеет значения.
Код подтверждения
:hi: :smile: :wink: :twisted: :sad: :evil: :smoke: :eh: :eek: :fie: :silenced: :razz: :oops: :help: :spy: :insane: :biggrin: :toothless: :ill: :nervious: :weirdface: :pray: :clap: :think: :boxing: :cyclop: :rambo: :zombie: :cry: Ещё смайлики…

Вернуться в «Общая информация»