ble-double was that the Kentucky freshman forward achie

Dogcat250
Dogcat250
С нами: 8 месяцев 11 дней

Сообщение #1 Dogcat250 » 12.09.2019, 02:09

LEXINGTON, Ky. -- Most impressive about Julius Randles latest double-double was that the Kentucky freshman forward achieved it by halftime. Yes, the top-ranked Wildcats had it that easy on Sunday against Northern Kentucky. Randle had 22 points and 14 rebounds to lead a 93-63 blowout of the Norse. Two days after the 6-foot-9, 250-pound forward debuted with 23 points and was credited on Sunday with 16 rebounds upon review, he had 11 points and 10 rebounds in the first half for the Wildcats (2-0). Randle added 11 points and four rebounds before heading to the bench after playing 29 productive minutes against the overmatched Norse (0-2) -- with room for improvement in his mind. "Im still missing some opportunities," said Randle, who made 10 of 14 free throws. "(There were) a lot of balls I didnt come up with. I just have to learn from it and improve." Guard Aaron Harrison added 16 points for Kentucky while twin brother Andrew had 13. Alex Poythress contributed nine points while 7-footer Willie Cauley-Stein added seven points and 11 rebounds. Needing a good tuneup with Tuesdays showdown looming against No. 2 Michigan State in Chicago, the Wildcats much-heralded freshmen responded by dominating every area. Kentucky shot 30 of 55 from the field (54.5 per cent), outrebounded NKU 51-23 and scored 36 points in the paint. "I thought we played through possessions better," coach John Calipari said. "I thought we got to the second and third drive for the first time. Again, its not their fault because its something that we really zeroed in on yesterday... "Today, we rebounded much better." Daniel Camps 13 points led Northern Kentucky in the first meeting between the schools located 83 miles apart. Tyler White added 12 points and Todd Johnson had 10 for the Norse. The Wildcats were seeking a better start than in Friday nights 89-57, season-opening rout of UNC-Asheville, the first of three games in five days. Kentuckys freshmen had a rough first half in that game and led by just 10 points at halftime before taking control offensively with their athleticism that left UNC-Asheville no choice but to foul; Randle had no problem with that, making 11 of 13 from the line en route to 23 points and a double-double. Calipari took a mostly positive approach considering it was the first game together for his lauded group of rookies, but he noted a lot of blemishes. For example, his teams lack of defensive effort was something he stressed needed improvement -- more against Northern Kentucky before looking ahead to Michigan State. Calipari couldnt complain after Kentucky held NKU to 9-of-31 shooting in the first half on Sunday, though much of that had more to do with the Norses understandable reluctance to try and drive inside against the bigger Wildcats. That left NKU to try and make things up from beyond the arc, a strategy that yielded just 3-of-18 shooting (16.7 per cent) and played right into Kentuckys hands in numerous ways. The Wildcats tallied just four fast-break points in the first half but had 16 second-chance points thanks to 12 offensive rebounds. They dominated the boards 29-12 through 20 minutes. "We pushed the ball hard and Aaron was attacking very well," Andrew Harrison said. "He got to the line and made some shots. I made some shots. Everybody played good. We were playing together." Figure in 5-of-13 shooting from long range (38 per cent) and it quickly added to the expected lopsided outcome. Leading 16-10 after Poythress 3-pointer, the Wildcats closed the half with a 32-12 run for a 48-22 lead. Just two nights after losing its opener 77-76 at Purdue in the final seconds, the Norse endured a rude chapter in their second season playing Division I basketball. And that was just the first half. They finished 21 of 64 from the field (32.8 per cent) including 9 of 35 from beyond the arc. "I may be crazy to say this, but when we had two or three wide-open layups in the first couple of minutes and didnt make them, I thought that relaxed Kentucky a little bit," NKU coach Dave Bezold said of his teams shooting. "When you dont make those shots against tremendous teams when you are outsized and really out-talented, its really difficult to control tempo and it really allows those guys to be relaxed when they shoot the basketball. ... I thought that was the difference in the game." Koen Casteels Belgium Jersey . The New York-based Committee to Protect Journalists detailed in a report how Russian and international journalists have been harassed and prevented from covering sensitive stories in Sochi such as the abuse of migrant workers and environmental issues. Jan Vertonghen Jersey . Make that, almost always subjective. Saturday at Carrow Road, the spirit of fair play trumped the rulebook, costing Norwich City three points. http://www.soccerbelgiumteamonline.com/Eden-Hazard-UEFA-European-Belgium-Jersey/ .com) - The disappointing Ottawa Senators hope to record consecutive wins for the first time since early November, as they visit the Boston Bruins on Friday for the opener of a home-and-home series. Koen Casteels Jersey .C. -- The Carolina Panthers announced Thursday theyve signed free agent wide receiver Jerricho Cotchery to a two-year contract, helping rebuild a depleted wide receiving corps. Leander Dendoncker Jersey . Ricciardo made it only halfway around the Jerez track before his RB10 rolled to a stop and began spouting smoke from the back. After team mechanics tended to the car, Ricciardo went back out for a mere two trips around the circuit before calling it quits.LOS ANGELES, Calif. - After back-to-back road losses, Chris Paul thinks all the Clippers needed was a confidence boost. They got just what they needed with a 113-91 victory over the Detroit Pistons on Monday night.Its crazy. When you play so many games, you think the team doesnt play off confidence. But I think we just needed to see again what it was like to defend and see the ball go through the net at the other end — and to win, Paul said. I think our spacing was a little better than the last two games, but our defence was better also. Hopefully we can start another streak now.Blake Griffin scored 18 points, DeAndre Jordan had 16 points and 15 rebounds, and Paul had 11 points and eight assists, committing one turnover in 24 minutes after getting six in each of his previous two games. Jamal Crawford shot 0 for 6 from the field.J.J. Redick ended up with 14 points, hitting his first five shots, and his streak of 29 games with a 3-pointer ended one game shy of teammate Matt Barnes franchise record.He didnt get the ball as much because they started paying more attention to him, Im sure, coach Doc Rivers said. So give them credit. They made pretty good adjustments.Detroits Jodie Meeks had 20 points in his third game of the season after missing the first 22 because of a stress reaction in his lower back.I felt like I got into a rhythm, Meeks said. It is only my third game back, so I have to take it day by day — and shoot it with confidence when I am open.Andre Drummond added 18 points and 13 rebounds for the Pistons, who were coming off road wins against Phoenix and Sacramento after losing 13 straight.The Clippers, coming off back-to-back road losses against Washington and Milwaukee, led the Detroit 55-44 at halftime. Griffin set up a pair of alley-oop dunks by Jordan 68 seconds apart, capping a 16-4 run that turned a one-point deficit into a 47-36 lead with 4:41 left in the second quarter.Los Angeles extended its lead to 73-53 on a four-pointt play by Barnes, who was fouled by Kyle Singler on a jumper with 4:57 left in the third quarter.dddddddddddd. The Pistons got no closer than 16 points after trailing by 27.We quit getting stops, so we could not run, Pistons coach Stan Van Gundy said. They shot the ball very well, moved the ball very well, and we could not keep up. They totally tore our defence apart.Griffins final basket was a 3-pointer with 27.8 seconds left in the third. With the lead secure, Griffin sat out the fourth quarter.Van Gundy received a technical foul with 7:34 left in opening quarter after Brandon Jennings was called for a foul, and Drummond got one about 2 minutes later for complaining about a non-call under the Pistons basket.___TIP-INS:Pistons: All five of their victories have come against teams that entered Monday nights games with losing records. Last season, 19 of their wins were against clubs that finished under .500, and 10 were against teams that ended up with winning records — including one each against division champions San Antonio, Indiana and Miami. ... The Pistons havent shot 50 per cent or better from the field in any of their first 25 games. Last season they did it 11 times (8-3). ... Drummond has 81 double-digit rebound games since the start of last season, the second-most in the league during that stretch behind Jordans 94.Clippers: The Clippers have beaten Detroit eight straight times — their third-longest active winning streak against one club behind Utah (11) and Minnesota (10). ... Prior to their 104-98 win on Nov. 26 at Detroit, the Clippers were 3-12 against teams coached by Van Gundy. One of those wins went overtime against Orlando, and another was decided in double-OT against Miami. ... Reserve G Chris Douglas-Roberts had nine points in 24 minutes in his second game back after missing the previous 15 because of a strained right Achilles.NEXT UP:Pistons: Host Dallas on Wednesday.Clippers: Host Indiana on Wednesday. ' ' '

Название раздела: Общая информация

Быстрый ответ

Введите код в точности так, как вы его видите. Регистр символов не имеет значения.
Код подтверждения
:hi: :smile: :wink: :twisted: :sad: :evil: :smoke: :eh: :eek: :fie: :silenced: :razz: :oops: :help: :spy: :insane: :biggrin: :toothless: :ill: :nervious: :weirdface: :pray: :clap: :think: :boxing: :cyclop: :rambo: :zombie: :cry: Ещё смайлики…

Вернуться в «Общая информация»